Mary Kay continuously seeks opportunities to improve our environmental performance and find ways to be even more sustainable and green.
Read the Mary Kay Environmental Policy
Be a part of our latest effort to make a difference.
Mary Kay Inc. will plant one tree in the United States, in partnership with the Arbor Day Foundation and the U.S. Forest Service, for every 10 flip-top caps and/or color refill cases received by Mary Kay Inc. To participate, send your empty Mary Kay® flip top caps and color refill cases to:
Mary Kay Inc.
Caps and Cases Program
1330 Regal Row
Dallas, TX 75247
- Planting Trees Around the World – Mary Kay Inc. planted 200,000 trees in the Bitterroot National Forest in Montana and 100,000 trees in the Pike National Forest in Colorado with the U.S. Forest Service and the Arbor Day Foundation. Mary Kay China plants trees in Shanghai, Hangzhou and Ningxia. In addition, employees from Mary Kay Russia, Mary Kay Mexico and Mary Kay Malaysia are involved with tree-planting programs.
- An extensive recycling program is in place at the Mary Kay global manufacturing facility in Dallas. The facility strives to make Mary Kay® products in an environmentally responsible way and is among leaders in the industry recently achieving zero landfill site status.
- Since 1989, Mary Kay has been among the first companies to implement extensive recycling programs that now include product line packaging, paper, plastic, corrugated cardboard, ink cartridges, old cell phones and aluminum.
- Using Renewable Materials – Many Mary Kay Inc. distribution centers ship orders using packing materials made from renewable corn and potato starch (biopeanuts), which are 100 percent biodegradable.
- Energy Conservation and Carbon Footprint – Mary Kay reduced energy consumption at our global corporate facilities enough to power more than 1,000 average homes for one year. In 2008, Mary Kay Inc. global transportation began a concerted effort to measure and reduce carbon emissions and has reduced Mary Kay's transporatation carbon footprint by a total of 33% since that time. Mary Kay's global manufacturing facility also has an initiative surrounding water conservation and in the past year has reduced its water consumption by 19%, which is enough to fill more than 660 backyard swimming pools.
- Global Recognition – Mary Kay has been recognized by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Keep American Beautiful and the American Lung Association. In 2007 Mary Kay China was awarded the Model Unit of Environment Protection by the Environment Protection Bureau of the Hangzhou Economic and Development Area.