Mary Kay Global Month of Service Results in Service Valued at More Than $4 Million (USD)
Dallas, April 10, 2012 – Thousands of “Mary Kay family members” in more than 35 countries helped their fellow neighbors by volunteering more than 197,010 hours of community service – or more than 22 years of service valued at more than $4 million* (USD) – around the world in one month to celebrate International Women’s Day. Mary Kay employees, independent sales force members – as well as their family, friends and the general public – joined together to make a beautiful difference worldwide during the Mary Kay Global Month of Service, March 8-April 8, 2012.
From the young to the young at heart, and the indoors to the outdoors, Mary Kay’s service spanned the globe, including volunteers who:
- United States: Lifted the spirits of domestic violence survivors during a day of beauty with pampering makeovers, joyful entertainment and inspirational encouragement.
- Russia: Put smiles on orphans’ faces during fun “play days.”
- Kazakhstan: Shared warmth and laughter with the elderly at special karaoke events.
- China: Beautified the environment and removed carbon dioxide in urban settings by planting trees.
- Brazil: Brought joy to disadvantaged children by playing games with them.
- Ukraine: Spruced up five cities in one day across Ukraine by cleaning up parks during a “green celebration.”
- India: Empowered orphan children by teaching them computer skills.
- Korea: Educated citizens across Korea on the importance of giving blood and where to make donations.
- Mexico: Increased citizens’ well-being by painting and cleaning run-down buildings.
To learn more about the Mary Kay Global Month of Service, go to marykay.com/service and http://youtu.be/OYIOVjr0Y6g.
“Mary Kay Ash always said, ‘Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, Make me feel important.’ Through our Global Month of Service, we are touching lives and showing people in need that they are important – and that’s priceless,” said Sheryl Adkins-Green, Executive Vice President of Mary Kay Inc. “Making a positive impact in local communities has always been an important part of the Mary Kay culture. We are very humbled by the overflowing generosity of our independent sales force, employees, family and friends as we celebrate International Women’s Day and the contributions of women.”
Community Support Throughout the Years
The Mary Kay Global Month of Service serves as one of the many examples of the company’s long-standing commitment to supporting our communities around the world. Since the company started in 1963, Mary Kay has emphasized the importance of giving back to others. Whether changing the lives of women and children around the world through charitable activities or finding ways to be even more sustainable and green, Mary Kay is making a difference in our communities where we live and work. For more details, go to www.marykay.com.
About Mary Kay
Mary Kay is one of the world’s largest direct selling companies with more than $3 billion in annual wholesale sales worldwide. Mary Kay was founded in 1963 by Mary Kay Ash with the goal of helping women achieve personal growth and financial success. Mary Kay remains committed to enriching women’s lives, and today more than 2.4 million people of all backgrounds are enjoying the advantages of being Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultants. Mary Kay’s high-quality skin care and color cosmetic products are sold in more than 35 countries around the world. To learn more about Mary Kay, visit www.marykay.com
Mary Kay Social Responsibility
Pink Doing Green®
Knowing our actions today will affect the quality of life for future generations, Mary Kay continuously seeks opportunities to improve our environmental performance and is striving to find ways to be even more sustainable and green.
A Commitment to ending Domestic Violence
In the U.S. Mary Kay is breaking the cycle of domestic violence through innovative programs.