- Safety is an integral part of every phase of product development.
- To ensure product safety, quality and performance, every year, we spend millions of dollars and conduct hundreds of thousands of tests, including clinical studies with independent dermatologists, ophthalmologists and other medical experts.
- All skin care and cosmetic products are regulated by government health and safety authorities. Although cosmetics standards vary worldwide, our guiding principle is to always deliver against our high standards. Mary Kay meets or exceeds the regulatory requirements in each market where our products are sold.
- If we can’t verify an ingredient’s safety, we won’t use it. Of the thousands of ingredients evaluated in our research center by toxicologists, microbiologists and other degreed professionals, only the highest quality ones are chosen for further development.
- We invest heavily in the research and development of new technologies that can evaluate the safety and efficacy of our products, and we collaborate with experts in the scientific and academic fields to advance the science of safety testing.
- As part of our safety protocols, we conduct testing on multiple skin types because everyone’s skin reacts differently. These studies include assessing skin irritancy and allergy. With few exceptions, Mary Kay® products are suitable for use by people with sensitive skin.
- Our commitment to excellence goes beyond the development of a safe and effective formula. To make sure our products perform well in the real world, we test above and beyond, like exposing them to intense cold and heat to make sure they can survive any weather extreme. Conducting gravity-impact tests to confirm packaging durability. And performing vibration tests to ensure the formulas won’t separate. We leave nothing to chance because we want to exceed your expectations every time.