The red lip look is classic and iconic. It's all about drama and confidence.
1. Apply Light Nude lip liner to natural lip line. You can fill in the entire lip to help lip color last longer. Neutral lip liner is perfect for bold lip colors because it works with any lip color and helps to keep it from bleeding. Dark lip liners can end up making lip lines looking overdrawn or obvious.
2. Apply red lipstick with a brush, starting in the middle of the lower lip and slowly working out toward the outer edges. You can use the Mary Kay® Concealer/Cream Eye Brush†, but remember to never use this brush with eye product without washing first.
3. Gently blot with a tissue and repeat application of lipstick.
4. Finish with a clear lip gloss, like NouriShine Plus® Lip Gloss in Silver Moon, just to the middle of lips. Applying gloss over entire lip can cause the color to bleed outside the corners of the lip.
5. Clean any stray or crooked edges with a cotton swab and makeup remover.
Although any woman should be able to wear any red lip color, when going for classic red perfection, Mary Kay Global Makeup Artist Keiko Takagi recommends these shades:
“The red lip is a classic look that never goes away, but you have to know how to make it modern. I suggest making the rest of your face less bold so it doesn’t compete with your lips. Also opt for a luminous foundation and use just a little powder.”
– Keiko Takagi, Mary Kay Global Makeup Artist